31 May, 2009

LRN2DECURSE

When it comes to Decursing, Cleansing and Abolishing, It seems to go by default that the healing class will always take up this job. The argument being is that the DPS’s sole job is to pump out as much damage as possible, while a healers job should be to keep everyone alive and healthy. Now, during the days of belting out Naxxramas in heroic gear and quest blues, running with 3 healers and hitting the enrage timer on each fight, It was normality for the healers to do the dispelling. Maexxna’s Poison, Noth’s Curse, Heigan’s Disease, were placed on top of healers shoulders to “deal with” as we needed as much DPS as possible to down these difficult bosses.

In these 10 man Naxx runs, I was (usually) the sole decurser, so it was just another part of the fight for me, like running behind the ice blocks and moving out of the fissures. However, when other druids started popping up in raids, or I headed out for some 25 man action, I still noticed the healers were putting in all the dispelling effort; the majority of DPS were plain ignoring it. Single healing 10 man Heigan once, a ret pally in the group was explaining, after the fight, that the reason why she died was due to a disease. Now, this amused me. If you are DPS and something, which you can remove, is killing you, why won’t you remove it? I made the group aware that the priests and pallies will need to cleanse, and I popped up a raid warning halfway through the fight as I was having trouble keeping all the diseased people alive, Yet this silly ret pally goes and kills herself on a disease she can remove?

This was just after Noth, when the boomkin of the group explained that he would have decursed but I seemed to have “handled it” so he felt he did not need to.

There is a never-ending argument of if the DPS should stop doing damage to cleanse, or the healers should stop healing to decurse. I think that if blizz saw fit to give you Cleanse, Abolish, or Decurse, get healbot, grid or decursive, learn to use it and learn to help out your raid. With fights like Hodir and Iron Council, I would rather utility players then recount riders.

Spex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment